Almost two years ago (when covid was just starting and we all happily ignored it) I wrote a post about implementing x86 hardware breakpoints in lldb. This critical debugger feature was missing from lldb. Probably because lldb main users are developers and not serious reverse engineers (lol!) dealing with malicious code and/or just reversing/cracking hostile software protections (cracking is the best and most fun RE target practice).

The build process described in that post worked but I wasn’t very happy with it – not easily portable between macOS systems. Some time ago I tried to fix it but I gave up since I wasn’t in the mood to deal with build systems problems.

By admin